Perfect Heart-Shaped Pancakes for Valentine’s Day
cup Aunt Jemima® Original Pancake & Waffle Mix
cup 2% milk
Red food coloring
Aunt Jemima® Lite Syrup
1. Prepare pancake mix according to package directions. Then divide the batter evenly into two medium-size bowls. Set one bowl aside.
2. Gently stir red food coloring into the second bowl until the batter turns a deep pink color.
3. Prepare a flattop griddle or pan; pancakes turn out better when cooked on a flat surface. Rub the pan with a little bit of oil; using butter may scorch and could affect the look of the pancakes.
4. Set your griddle to the temperature indicated on the package. Sprinkle a few drops of water in the center; if bubbles skitter around the pan, it is ready for cooking.
5. Cook pancakes according to package directions until you have used all of the batter from both bowls. Make sure you make an even number of pancakes and that you have the same amount from each bowl.
6. When the pancakes are finished, place them on a wire cooling rack or a sheet of foil for two minutes. Then, transfer to a clean cutting board.
7. Cut a heart out of the center of each pancake using a two-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter.
8. Place a red mini-pancake heart in the center of each white pancake and a white mini-pancake heart in the center of each red pancake.
9. Serve with warm Aunt Jemima Syrup and sliced strawberries.
Calories 310, Calories from Fat 60, Total Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 1.5g, Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 780mg, Total Carbohydrate 59g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 36g, Protein 7g, Vitamin A 157.30IU 3.15%, Vitamin C 81.49%, Calcium 148.43mg 14.84%, Iron 1.94mg 10.78%